Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BE A MAN!


So, I am beginning to read through 1 Kings, and I found an awesome set of verses in the second chapter that I would like for every man to read on planet Earth. It has become my prayer for the men around me, my future husband, and my future children (assuming I will have at least one son).

Background Information:
David is dying. He has had yet another uprising from one of his sons trying to take over the throne. He is told that he must do something about it, so he goes to Solomon, his son (the rightful inheritor of the throne) and tells him that he must go ahead and take the throne. In doing so, he charges Solomon with a great charge. The charge is the part that I wish every man could see. In my words, I would say, STAND UP AND BE A REAL MAN! He says it much more eloquently. Read this and may it become your prayer for every man you know or hope to know.

"Be strong, therefore, and prove yourself a man. And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn." (1 Kings 2:2-4)

I love here how a father is charging his son with the charge of THE FATHER. Keep His commandments and you will prove yourself to be a man and prosper in all that you do. So boys, strap up your boots, be a man, and follow God's ways - it's the only way you will prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment