Thursday, April 16, 2009

Failures and Mountain Tops

Well, it's true. I completely failed my happy fast. By the end of that last week, I was ready to hurt someone! I can't really give you an explanation. The truth is what I've always said, getting angry to deal with situations is just comfortable to me.

So I failed.

Walt Disney once said that he thinks it is important for every person to have a great failure in their life. Well, I'm 22, and I've had quite a few great failures. But those are important steps. You learn so much from a failure! It's like you are trying to get up this mountain. So, the first trip, you make it a fourth of the way there. You failed your goal! But now you know how to better prepare yourself, you know what you need to take, you know what to expect. Before long, you've gone three fourths of the way. It's still a failure, but you've made such progress. And finally, you'll get to the top of the mountain.

It looks like my journey to the top of this mountain is a looooong one, but it's well worth it. And every failure is another lesson learned, another gained bit of knowledge.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to that journey, but I know I'm looking forward to getting to the top of the mountain, turning around, and knowing that I've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment