Monday, January 10, 2011

A Day off & A Recipe

So, today, most of our county was shut down by impending inclement weather. This had the hopes of snow, and it did snow some early this morning. However, it has just turned into a bunch of ice. I would have taken pictures, however, this morning I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had. I didn't want to eat, open my eyes, anything. I took four sinus medicines and four ibuprofen! Talk about a heavy dose! The headache did ease off after a hot shower with sniffing steam (a great help to anyone with sinus issues). After 11 am, I was able to get up and start working on my to do list.



I know it is past Christmas, but I love this movie, so we watched it today. Jimmy Stewart is my idea of a dream boat. Great movie with a great message.



Tonight for dinner I made this recipe. It's an Asian Chicken & Rice Bake. It was actually really good. Click here for the recipe. I would just suggest cooking it longer than suggested. I served it with stir fry and Oriental Low Mein hard noodles. It was delicious! Next time I will put the stir fry vegetables in the dish. I think they would be an extra bonus! It's weird for me to be recommending a recipe. I am by no means a cook, but I think it's time to learn!

Also, I'm starting school this week! Crazy I know! I'm taking 2 classes that are prerequisites to getting into the MBA program at our local university. I'm pretty nervous about starting school all over again, but I've prayed over this and I really have a peace with it. Wish me the best!

Off to finish more on my to do list...

1 comment:

  1. Sinus headaches are miserable, I'm glad you're feeling better. We had a fair amount of sleet (for our area) and we didn't leave the house. I'm hoping it'll be nice later in the week so I they can run off some of the crazy they've built up.

    ReplyDelete