Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Organizing Life



About every 3 months, if you go into my room, you can find me in a position which I normally find myself at the same time every 3 months. I am sitting by my bed, with papers strung out all over the floor. My purse is usually emptied (and if you know how big my purse is, you know what a great thing that is), my receipts are all on the floor, my computer is open, and I'm squandering, probably doing something as small as cleaning the screen on my cell phone.

You see, I by nature am a very extreme person. I mean by that that if I am not extremely organized, I am extremely messy. If I am not extremely happy, I can be extremely sad. My whole life is this pursuit of balance in different areas- organization being one of them.

Well, today, I sat down, yet again, organizing my life. Only this time, it got in a mess in about a month. Ever since I graduated college, I feel like my brain has oozed out and my organization skills have gone out the window! My house is messy, I have piles in my room, and I just can't seem to get a routine to be productive. I seem so lazy these days!

Anyway, I am organized once again. I like it that way. I just need to figure out a way to keep it that way. Suggestions are well accepted. I'm so glad that God does not get as frustrated with our lives as I do my own. He sees them - just as messy and unorganized as they are, and yet, He still takes them on, cleans them right up and sets us on our way. No matter how many times we disorganize, He's always there, to sit in the middle of everything, and organize. I love it!

Here's to organization and my constant pursuit of its happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment