Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Praying for Haiti


So something just kind of hit me. I was looking at my entry from earlier today. I can't believe I could be so selfish. Here I am complaining about my life. And my heart turns to Haiti. I can't help but think of the hurt and the need there. Turning my focus off of me, I could be praying for them. They need God's attention and Christ's love more than anything right now. Oh, how my heart is praying for them. Please help them - be an extension of Christ's love. Go to World Vision or Compassion to send some help.

I'm still praying for the people of Haiti. Here are some encouraging words from "Beauty Will Rise," a song by Steven Curtis Chapman. They bring me comfort in my tears and prayers.

"Out of these ashes... beauty will rise
and we will dance among the ruins
We will see Him with our own eyes
Out of these ashes... beauty will rise
For we know, joy is coming in the morning...
in the morning... "

No comments:

Post a Comment