Monday, March 23, 2009

This is the Day...

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever. He is my strength, and He's my song. His love endures forever. I will proclaim what He has done. His love endures forever. I will enter and give thanks to Him. This holy gate the righteous may enter. I will give You thanks. You answered me. You are my salvation. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day the Lord has made."
~Shane & Shane "Psalm 118"~

It has been quite a few days since I've last blogged, but last week was a busy week, and this weekend was even crazier! I helped put on a birthday bash for my niece who turned 1 and my biological mother who turned 59! If you ever meet the Kites, you'll know just what kind of a weekend that entails!

We took part in a grief camp Saturday morning, and it was amazing! There were only like 6 or 7 kids, but we talked about dealing with the hand that life deals you. It isn't always good. You don't always like it, but you have only 2 real choices: take what you have and do something with it, or quit the game.

This morning set up a great and horrifying option for me. I've said before that part of my issue with anger comes down to being angry with my life, and not be happy with the way things are going. This camp that I took part in set up an option for me. 1) I could quit the game. I could give up on everything that God has done in my life. I can lay down and never get up in the morning. I could never fulfill the great things God has for me. I can let down everyone who loves me dearly. or 2) (the only true option) I can deal with my hand, and just see how God's going to use it. Since giving up is not an option (I could never give up on what God has done in my life...not after what He rescued me from and the great family He has given me), I'm going to have to play with my hand- and have a good attitude about it.

Church sermon was on anger. I cannot say that it spoke to me, though. It was more of a self-help sermon. And since my self got me into this anger mess, I can't expect my self to get me out of it. I need God's help for that. To be honest, the sermon got me angry because I wanted to tell the pastor that he didn't know what he was talking about. That wouldn't have been very Christian, though, would it?

Last night I watched the Joseph movie from the Bible Collection. That movie always makes me cry at the end. And, once again, I was reminded that Joseph got dealt a horrible hand. Yet, he learned to deal with what happened to him, have a great attitude, trust in God, and look where he ended up!

I know there is a lesson to learn from Joseph. I posted the lyrics to the Shane and Shane song because it is my prayer for today and everyday. The Lord's mercy and goodness has been so great in my life that I want to rejoice in Him everyday.

Still on the journey,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment